Men, and sometimes women, notice that their hair is thinning prematurely for several different reasons. Age, menopause, pregnancy, genetics, illness, and other factors all play a role in hair loss. Sure, you can use drugs like Rogaine, or you can go in for a hair transplant or fusion, but sometimes the easiest, most inexpensive solution, is to try to stop hair loss naturally. There are many methods to make our hair grow faster, shine , glitter in natural ways without using chemicals.
1Massage your scalp with essential oils. Massage promotes good circulation in the scalp, to keep your hair follicles active. Massage your scalp daily by hand for a couple of minutes. To enhance the massage, use a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond, or sesame oil base on your scalp.
2Use egg oil. Massage egg oil (eyova) into the scalp and leave on overnight.
- Shampoo off in the morning with a mild, preferably herbal shampoo. Use shampoo only once as repetition removes the natural lipids of hair making it dry and brittle.
- Use egg oil 2-3 times a week for at least 12 weeks for visible results. Regular, continued use is important for proper nourishment of the cell membranes.
- Continue long term massage therapy of egg oil to prevent hairfall and graying. Discontinuing use may gradually bring back hairfall problems and resume graying.
- Egg oil (eyova) is mess free and stable. It is a more convenient alternative to egg yolk masks and does not smell like raw egg yolks or cook in the hair during a hot shower. There is no risk of salmonella which could give you a scalp infection.
- You can make egg oil at home [] or buy it online.
3Restore moisture through hot oil treatments. You can use any natural oil including safflower and canola or olive oil. Use this method judiciously as frequent use of hot oil or using oil which is too hot can bring on premature graying.
- Heat the oil up so it is warm, but not too hot. The ideal temperature is not exceeding 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit). Then, massage the oil into your scalp.
- Put on a shower cap for about an hour. When the hour is up, rinse or shampoo out the oil.
- Mayonnaise also works well as a conditioner. Slather your hair with a generous dollop, put on a shower cap for up to an hour, and then rinse it off.
4Rub your scalp with garlic, onion, or ginger juice. Make sure you only use 1 of these juices; don't mix them. Leave the juice on your scalp overnight, and wash it out in the morning.
5Apply rangoli henna to your hair. It is a green powder with the texture of talc that seals the hair cuticle, which strengthens the hair shaft at the root.
6Rub green tea into your hair. The tea contains anti-oxidants, which may prevent hair loss and help hair growth.
- Brew 2 bags of green tea in 1 cup of water. Let the tea cool slightly, and then apply it to your hair.
- Leave the tea on for 1 hour. Then, rinse your hair thoroughly.
7Boil potatoes and rosemary in water. Bring to a boil on your stove top, strain the liquid, and use it daily as a hair rinse.
8Try fenugreek (methi) seeds. This treatment will provide shine and add strength to hair with regular use, helping to keep hair intact.
- Soak and grind one cup of fenugreek (Indian methi seeds) with sufficient water to make a paste.
- Apply to the scalp and massage it lightly.
- Leave it for half an hour.
- Rinse out with cold water.
9Make aloe vera juice and neem paste. This treatment is good to control hair fall.
- Mix aloe vera juice with neem powder and add two-three drops of coconut oil.
- Apply it on your scalp and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash it off with shampoo. Follow this treatment once in a week for the desired results.
1Include more high-protein foods in your diet. Eating lean meats, fish, soy, or other proteins may help to curb hair loss. Besides containing protein, many foods rich in protein also contain Vitamin B-12.
2Take care of the hair that you have. Never brush wet hair, and avoid rubbing your hair dry with a towel. Instead, let it air dry or else blow dry it to the point of dampness, and let it dry from there.
3Reduce stress. Sometimes, the root cause for hair loss is stress.
- Practice meditation. Meditation can help to both reduce stress and restore your hormonal balance. Practicing meditation can also help you in other aspects of your life.
- Get some exercise. Walk, swim, or bike for 30 to 60 minutes per day. Or, try playing a sport like tennis, so you can take out your aggression by hitting a ball. The exercise will help to lower your stress levels.
- Talk or write it out. Talk to your spouse, a friend, or family member, or to a therapist about what you are experiencing. Take the time to record your feelings in a journal.
4Avoid wigs or hairpieces. While these may seem like good cosmetic solutions, they may also speed up hair loss by damaging your hair follicles.
Herbs and Supplements
1Treat with saw palmetto. Native Americans use saw palmetto to promote healthy hair and skin. Saw palmetto also blocks the production of DHT (a metabolite of testosterone), a contributing factor to enlarging of the prostate. Because DHT production also causes hair loss. However, no authentic clinical reports support use of saw palmetto to be effective for preventing hair loss.
2Take vitamins. Your mother told you they were good for you, but you may not know that they are good for your hair, too. Add some extra milligrams of these vitamins to your daily regimen:
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is an anti-oxidant, which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp. Sweet Potatoes are loaded with beta carotene - rich in Vit A not only promotes a healthy scalp but promotes hair growth.
- Omega-3: Take Omega-3 fatty acids. Foods rich in Omega-3 are fatty fish, egg yolks, fish eggs (caviar) and milk.
- Vitamin E: This vitamin stimulates circulation, and good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping your hair follicles productive.
- B vitamins: The B vitamins help your body produce melanin, which gives hair its healthy color. Melanin also stimulates blood circulation.
- When you apply topical treatments to your scalp, make sure that you don't use them around clothes, furniture, or bedding that could either be ruined, or acquire an unpleasant odor from the treatments.
- If you feel better with a daily hair wash with shampoo, continue doing it.
Sources and Citations
Categories: Hair Loss and Scalp Conditions
In other languages:
Deutsch: Haarausfall natürlich stoppen, Tiếng Việt: Giảm Rụng Tóc theo Cách tự nhiên, ไทย: หยุดผมร่วงด้วยวิธีธรรมชาติ, Русский: предотвратить выпадение волос естественными способами, Português: Impedir a Queda de Cabelos Naturalmente, Nederlands: Zo stop je haaruitval op natuurlijke wijze, 한국어: 자연스럽게 탈모를 막는 방법, 日本語: 自然な方法で抜け毛を防ぐ, Italiano: Fermare la Caduta dei Capelli in Modo Naturale, Bahasa Indonesia: Alami Mencegah Rambut Rontok, Français: arrêter naturellement la perte des cheveux, Español: prevenir la caída del pelo de forma natural, 中文: 用天然的方法防脱发
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 123,358 times.